Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Decorating My Home with my Halloween Decorations


Well I am already decorated for Halloween this year. I just started collecting a few years ago. I always look forward to this time of the year when I can hit all the store and try to add to my collection. This year I bought some new things. So I will share so old favorites and some new ones.





This tin bucket I painted last year. I sold one and keep one for myself. I am so glad that I decided to keep one. It was just a plain black and white checked bucket that I had for years. I always thought it would look great with a different Halloween painting or Halloween saying in the white blocks. This is something that I know I will cherish for years. The doll was something I bought at T.J.Max last year. I think I paid $9.99.


The 3 bigger figures I bought at Tuesday morning this year and last year. I would really love to buy some of my friends art but sometimes they are a little out of my price range.




Take a peek at the two figures above. For an extra little touch I have added the cone party hat and the glittered crown. The party hat is from Retro Rudolphs. I bought several horns from Lori this year. I have added two to papier mache figures and one to my favorite little pumpkin doll.
The glittered crown was purchased off The Holiday Queen. I have grown to have a deep love for Melissa's art. She is such a wonderful talent. Her crowns are perfect to add to your figures.


This is the doll above. I think his new party hat looks perfect on him. It was like it was meant to be.


The tree and the orange bucket I bought last year at Hobby Lobby. This tree has brought me alot of joy this year. I made some orni's for it last year but this year I bought some glitterville orni's off of Ebay. It was a set of 13 mini ornaments. Glitterville one of my new obsessions!!! I am not sure if you can tell but I have 3 of The Holiday Queens orni's and I added her small shaker rattle as a tree topper.


This little twig tree I bought the other day at T.J.Max for $9.99. Yep that is right. I couldn't pass a deal like that one up. I really didn't need it but I knew if I brought it home I would find a place for it. When I did get it home I thought I need to add some new orni's to it. I worked on making some tiny papier mache ones. I decided that I will be listing the orni's on Ebay soon. I have had some customers in the past ask me if I would make little Halloween orni's instead of the big ones that I make all the time. I think I have a new passion. I am hooked!!



Here is what the tree looks like outside. You can get a better idea. Of course, it is way cuter in person. But I can see this filled next year with all kinds of cute orni's.




Can you see my new Kitty Kat lantern. Oh! I love it. It is perfect there. I bought the other two paper lanterns at Micheal's in the kid section for $1.49 each. Yep. Great value!





Of course my all time favorite things is my wooden orni's and my wooden tree my hubby made for me. It is perfect to display my ornaments. I will never part with it. I just wish I had some new ornaments to add to it this year. This is my third year to make my signature wooden orni's. I have been so pleased with the new ones that I have made. Maybe next year I will be able to keep some for myself.
I hope you have enjoyed a tour of my Halloween decorations. I am sure more to come as we get closer to the big holiday.
Happy Halloween and Happy Decorating!!!



12 comments:

Victorian Lady said...

Your Halloween decorations look great Kim! I'm so excited that it is getting closer, I always head up north to experience fall...nothing beats it!

I have an award for you on my blog, hope you stop by! :)

Mere

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Hi Mere, Thanks for stopping by.

Gotta love Halloween. My all time fav!!! We do have great falls. Better in PA though!

I will stop over and check out your blog. Thanks Kim

Halloween Fanatic said...

Kim,
Looks great! What a beautiful home you have! I love the little ornies!!Robert

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Hi Robert! Thanks for such a wonderful compliments.

Glad you stopped by!

Laume said...

Although your home looks decidedly more cat hair free than mine, there's a very similar "feel" to it. We obviously share a love of the same colors and eclectic styles.

No, my house isn't decorated yet and I have a lot to do before I can drag out my decorations. I've been sitting here online surfing because it's easier than all that "to do" stuff. But your post was just the ticket, you've inspired me! I'm gonna get off cushioned bu...this computer and go get started so I can decorate too!

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Hi Laume! Yes you must get started. Christmas will take over soon! It is a sad day then. I love Halloween.

I really don't have one particular style. I love all different kinds of things. If I like it thats all that matters. Color is important!

No Cats! I do love them but hubby hates them. I just play with the neighbors cats instead.

Kim

Melissa Valeriote said...

So festive Kim! You have a great decorator eye and inviting style. You've inspired me to kick my decorating into high gear. I need to stop procrastinating...time is flying.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Do you decorate like this for all the holidays? I'd like to get some decor up, but somehow the holidays always seem to be here before I know it and nothing gets done...

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Thanks Melissa, Your goodies sure have made a difference in my House. I love them all.

Thanks for the compliment.

Yes time is flying and so is Halloween!!!!

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

I am working hard as we speak. I had company and then hurricanes to contend with...but I am in full blown Halloween mode now. I've been busy creating vintage labels for my "Witch's Apothecary" and that has taken longer than I anticipated. Will share some pics on my blog as I get things completed. Your place is lovely and evokes the "Spirt of Hallowe'en"! :o)

Kris Dickinson said...

I love your blog and really love your decorations! I thought I was the only one that went all out vintage at Halloween too, lol. It's nice to find a kindred spirit. I'll post pics of mine once I have them out. I'll start putting up the last week of September. - Kris

Thanks for linking my blog!

Anonymous said...

Im glad I stumbled upon your blog! Really cute stuff!